The YUFE Academy is a sequence of lectures, workshops and activities travelling along the YUFE campi on “Citizens wellbeing”, YUFE’s second focus area, which will give interested students, staff and citizens a “feel” of YUFE. It is a platform aimed at strengthening European identity, raising awareness about social issues, providing solutions to global and local challenges, and making a true impact on Citizens’ wellbeing.
All lectures and other activities together cultivate into a programme one could follow entirely or only some parts of. All these little building blocks together make the YUFE Academy, a beneficial gathering and learning experience for YUFE students, staff and citizens.
What to expect?
- Lectures and other activities in English and other European languages, so that everyone can follow the activities in either their mother tongue or a second language – this multilingual approach makes YUFE Academy more inclusive and accessible to partner cities’ population;
- YUFE D&I Lecture Series – a lecture series promoting and celebrating D&I education and engagement across the YUFE community and what D&I can look like in practice;
- Entrepreneurial talk shows – workshops in which an entrepreneurial mindset are promoted through the experience and advice of an expert in a specific area of the European Entrepreneurship Competence Framework (EntreComp);
- Series of lectures and activities focusing on the employees’ well-being;
- Workshops, trainings, and spring/summer schools directed to universities’ (prospective) research staff and to professional service staff;
- Lectures concerning various topics relevant to the community.
How to attend?
Follow the registration link to the event you would like to attend. The format for the YUFE Academy is blended: due to the COVID-19 pandemic most lectures, workshops and other activities will take place virtually. Some events will attempt to take place physically.
Upcoming Lectures & Activities
All YUFE Academy Lectures & Activities
|Date||Lecture||Type of Lecture|
|14 June 2021, 10:00 – 12:00 CET||Motivation and persistence in achieving goals||Entrepreuneurial Talk Show|
|24 June 2021, 13:00 – 14:00 CET||Certification and accreditation schemes for Gender Equality in Higher Education: the CASPER Project||D& Lecture Series|
|13 July 2021, 13:00 – 15:00 CET||Univerzalni dizajn||YUFE Academy|
|14 July 2021, 15:00 – 16:30 CET||Six Key Traits for a Powerful Business Vision||Entrepreuneurial Talk Show|
|20 September 2021, 16:00 – 18:15 CET||The Great Lockdown and the Sustainability of the European Socioeconomic Project||YUFE Academy|
|21 September 2021, 16:00 – 18:00 CET||Citizen Participation in Co-constructing Narratives on European Heritage||YUFE Academy|
|22 September 2021, 16:00 – 18:00 CET||Executive Federalism and Politicisation in the European Union Before and During Covid-19||YUFE Academy|
|23 September 2021, 16:00 – 18:00 CET||Introduction to Immigration, Intra-EU Mobility, and the Welfare State||YUFE Academy|
|24 September 2021, 16:00 – 18:15 CET||Wicked problems, origins, and governance approaches needed to move towards a sustainable society||YUFE Academy|
|September 2021||Planning and Management||Entrepreuneurial Talk Show|
|7 October 2021||Servitization – transforming products (and resources) into services||Entrepreuneurial Talk Show|
|November 2021||Coping with uncertainty, ambiguity and risk||Entrepreuneurial Talk Show|
|8-10 November 2021||What about a PhD at YUFE?||YUFE Staff Academy|
|December 2021||Financial and economic literacy||Entrepreuneurial Talk Show|
|February 2022||Learning through experience||Entrepreuneurial Talk Show|
|March 2022||Valuing ideas||Entrepreuneurial Talk Show|
|April 2022||Ethical and sustainable thinking||Entrepreuneurial Talk Show|
|May 2022||Creativity||Entrepreuneurial Talk Show|